Committed to respect its hosts
Club Med Resorts, which vocation is to promote the well-being of all concerned, could never have established itself so harmoniously in countries with such varied cultures if its Resorts had not been built in a profound spirit of responsibility and respect to host countries
PREVENTION OF CHILD SEXUAL EXPLOITATION BY WORKING WITH THE ECPAT ASSOCIATION SINCE 2005:
- Raise awareness among G.M travelling to sensitive countries
- Supporting in situ associations helping homeless children (social and family reinsertion)
RESPONSIBLE TRAVELER’S CHARTER TO SENSITIZE G.M
- Since 2008, the Responsible Traveler’s Charter is displayed and given out to G.M in the Resorts to invite them to discover and respect the nature, the culture and the people of the region…
- Campaign against fake goods shopping
Discovery Circuits by Club Med certified by Act for a Responsible Tourism, in 2017
To preserve the authenticity of each destination, the beauty of the surroundings and the traditions of our guests.
- Host limited-size groups accompanied by passionate local guides, trained in sustainable development.
- Offer authentic experiences and create special encounters with the local population, for example in Namibia alongside with the Tribes of Ovambo, Himba, Namas and Bushmen. In China, our guests will have the opportunity to discover the Great Wall departing from Jinshanling, not often visited spot far away from the crowd.
- Offer more unusual and environmentally friendly accommodations, far away from the standardized circuits, such as the Tea Factory in Sri Lanka.
- Incorporate responsible tourism requirements into our contracts with local providers.
For more information, please visit https://www.clubmed.fr/l/agir-tourisme-responsable
RAISING AWARENESS AMONG SUPPLIERS AS WELL
- Since 2006, suppliers of Club Med are invited to share the values of the group by accepting a new ethical clause in their contract.
- This includes: respecting Human Rights, discouraging all degrading actions (moral and sexual harassment), preventing child labor, refusing all forms of discrimination (sex, race, religion and politics), contributing to the environmental protection
THE ETHIC CHARTER
- Displayed to all G.O & G.E, to emphasize the Club Med values and the importance of respect given to the communities hosting our Resorts
To view the Ethics Code, click here